If you have any suggestions or discover any incorrect rule interpretations or other errors, please feel free to e-mail me at kevin at ebonterr dot com.
DIRECTIONS: Enter the total value for all numbers; the numbers don't feed off each other. For example, even if a character has a dex of 2 and an attack of +0, you'll still need to enter 2 into the attack field. The system will not add the 2 from the dex score you've entered.
When entering numbers, do not add a + sign in front. For example, enter 2 for dex, not +2.
Arena uses all a character's conviction (so only enter the amount you want to spend during one combat). Points are used in the following order: re-roll attack, surge, re-roll toughness, remove stun, then reduce damage to hurt (the same order as the fields appear). Note that "under" is not inclusive, meaning if you choose to re-roll values under 10, only values of 1 - 9 will be re-rolled. Currently the conviction system does not allow for re-rolling initiative or threats. While not difficult to add, those two cases didn't seem like they'd be common (or even uncommon) uses. If you want those two options added, please let me know.
When you run a single combat, you'll now find a comma separated list of numbers at the bottom. You can save those to send to me for debugging purposes. If there is anything in this field, the system assumes those are the dice rolls you will make.
Update 6 (2007/08/24)
- Fixed a bug where conviction rerolls had a minimum of 10 instead of adding 10 to values less than 10
- Fixed a bug where stunned results used a defense of 8 instead of based defense by adding a new base defense field
Update 5 (2007/06/24)
- Allows modification of whether or not hurts and wounds accumulate toughness penalties and the setting of "boxes" for hurts and wounds
Update 4 (2007/06/08)
- The value for determining when toughness is rerolled (when using conviction) now takes hurt and wound penalties into account in determining when the reroll should occur
- Added the ability to choose from a set of characters. The current ones are the default (0s everywhere and attacking with one fist) plus fighters level 1 - 10 from the Fantasy Paths book
- Fixed a bug with the debugger where it treated the stored numbers as strings, which caused 1 + 18 to end up being 118, for example
Update 3 (2007/06/04)
- Added support for Conviction
- Added a debugger that displays all rolls made during a combat and allows them to be entered for the purposes of replicating specific combats
Update 2 (2007/05/25)
- Changed the combat averages to display the number and % of wins instead of losses
- Moved the reset buttons, renamed them clear, and altered them so you can clear one set of character data at a time
Update 1 (2007/05/24)
- Added a reset button for the character data
- Added support for minions
- Added support for two-weapon combat
- Moved the display area to the right for easier viewing